Samaritan House is a premier provider of
Resident Services in Tarrant County.
Samaritan House currently provides Resident Services at 7 housing complexes.
Resident Services provides services and activities to residents residing in local affordable housing tax credit apartment communities. The goal of resident services is to enhance the quality of life for residents while supporting their path towards long-term self-sufficiency.
Most Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDCHA) Housing Tax Credit properties have committed to provide some level of services to their residents. Resident Services are included in the Land Use Restriction Agreements (LURA) and are property specific, not all properties offer the exact same services to their residents.
In general, Resident Services are designed to build community and promote the success of residents. Resident Services provides on-site activities and programming around education, health and wellness and employment and financial empowerment, community safety and community resources.
The Resident Services program provides a range of on-site activities, programs, and services provided to individuals and families living at affordable housing tax credit properties. Programming includes activities in the following areas:
- Education: Youth scholastic tutoring program as part of Kids Club, self-esteem building, arts & crafts, life skills workshops, and other enrichment activities
- Health and Wellness: Nutritious meal planning, fitness classes, walking groups, and fitness other activities
- Employment: Job search training, resume building, application assistance, and job leads
- Adult Education: Basic computer skills training,
- Community Safety: Crime Watch, annual National Night Out event, community clean-up, and quarterly resident safety meetings
- Financial Empowerment: Financial literacy classes, budgeting and savings, understanding credit workshops, and financial goal setting
- Community Resources: Resident Services Coordinators will provide community resources and information on an individual case-by-case bases according to resident need(s)